Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
From Prone Position:
- Inhale, roll your shoulders back and down toward your hips
- Peel your chest off the floor, do not use your hands at all; allow your heart to open
- Keep rolling your hips into the ground
- Let your legs be heavy
- Stretch your toes as far behind you as you can (feet should be together)
- (The above tips help to protect the lower back from becoming strained/injured)
- Try to hinge from your lowest ribs, not from your lower back
- Hands can be on the floor, at your shoulders, stretched out to the side or back, separate or interlaced
Do not attempt Bhujangasana if you have a back injury.
If your back starts to bother you while perfroming Bhujangasana, lower down and press back to Child's Pose (Balasana).